Monday, January 19, 2015

Milk Bread from Manjari's Blog

(Adapted from Milk Bread: For the Love of Food)


This week on the "Know Your Blogger" week, the spotlight is on Manjari. Manjari is the first KFBian I have met in person. We met at one of the restaurant inauguration events. The first time I saw her, I was bowled over by her beauty and her long flowing tresses. In my mind, she is forever "Rapunzel" because I am yet to see such long, beautiful hair being maintained by a person as young as she. Once, I started reading her blog, I was equally smitten by the range of her expertise. She excels in all kinds of international cuisines and her cakes, pies, and desserts are simply...to die for!

While scanning her blog, I was flummoxed to say the least. I had no clue which recipe I should re-create. Finally, I decided to make the delicate Milk Bread that she has posted.

This Milk Bread is so soft....so soft that you want to have it right away without toasting. Its a super hit with small and BIG kids alike! Just check the beautiful bread I made using her recipe.




You can find Manjari's recipe here. I also referred to Dan Lepard's recipe of Milk Bread.


Here is how I made it:

Ingredients:

All purpose flour/ Maida: 3 cups
Sugar/ Honey: 2 tablespoons
Butter: 3 and a half tablespoons
Instant yeast: 2 teaspoon
Salt: 2 teaspoon
Milk: 1 cup
Water: 1/2 cup

Process:

1. Boil the milk and let it come to warm temperature. Add lukewarm water to the milk. Add honey and instant yeast. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes in a warm place.
2. In a separate vessel, add APF, salt and butter. Rub in the butter using your hands.


3. Now add the milk mixture to the flour and knead using hand/ mixer till the dough comes together as a ball.
4. Sprinkle some dry flour on a work table and place the dough ball on it. Knead using hands for 10 minutes till the dough is smooth and springs back on touch.
5. Keep covered in a deep-dish in a warm place for one hour. The dough will rise to double its size.
6. Now softly press the dough to release the air trapped inside. Divide the dough into two sections.

7. I made one dough ball into a regular log shape and the other one into a brioche shape stuffed with some chicken mince. To learn how to make the brioche shape refer here.
8. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
9. Make some cuts over the surface of the regular loaf with a knife. Brush both the loafs with milk. Place the two loafs into the pre-heated oven.
10. Take the brioche out after 20 minutes and brush with milk/butter.
11. Take the loaf out of the oven after 45 minutes. Brush with milk/butter. Wait for the loaves to cool to room temperature before slicing.

You will get a pillowy soft bread that is simply yum! I cannot thank Manjari enough for this wonderful recipe. I am sending this recipe to the ongoing event on KFB called "Know Your Blogger".


No comments:

Post a Comment